Treasure of the University is appointed by the Senate on the recommendation of the Vice Chancellor on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed. The Treasurer is the Chief Financial Officer of the University. He is responsible for the following:
(1) Manage the assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, funds and investments of the University.
(2) Prepare the annual and revised budget estimates of the University and present them to the Syndicate or a committee thereof for approval and incorporation in the budget to be presented to the Senate.
(3) Ensure that the funds of the University are expended on the purposes for which they are provided.
(4) Get the accounts of the University audited annually so as to be available for submission to the Senate within six months of the close of the financial year.
(5) Perform such other duty assigned by Senate, Syndicate or Vice Chancellor.
(6) The Treasurer shall be a member of statutory bodies and committee as prescribed.
Mr. Usman Ali Sher
Treasurer / Chief Financial Officer, Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University
Mr. Usman Ali is a well-qualified and experienced Finance Professional. He is ACA from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales, Financial Consultant Certification (CFC) from the Institute of Financial Consultants USA and ACCA from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants UK. He is also a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) in addition to Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) from the Institute of Internal Auditors, USA. He has a rich professional experience of working as Head of Internal Audit, Director Finance and Admin, Manager Accounts and Finance, Group Internal Audit Supervisor and Audit Manager with renowned financial and operational institutions including a Big Four Firm of the Middle East and Pakistan. He is proficient in implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Standards on Auditing and Corporate Laws and a training on ISO Auditing.