Controller of Examinations
The Controller of Examinations is appointed by the Senate on the recommendation of the Vice Chancellor on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed. The Controller of Examinations is responsible for all matters connected with the conduct of examinations and coordination with constituent and affiliated colleges/institutions. Controller of Examinations is the custodian of the academic records and perform such other duties as may be prescribed. In particular, Controller of Examinations is responsible for:
(1) Preparing schedules for semester/annual examinations.
(2) Compilation and declaration of University results.
(3) Preparation and issuance of transcripts and gazette notifications.
(4) Preparation of degrees as per gazette notifications.
(5) Conduct of examinations of all Constituent and Affiliated Units.
(6) Acting as the Secretary of the Affiliation Committee and process affiliation cases.
(7) Controller of Examinations shall be a member of statutory bodies and committees as prescribed in Act or Statutes and Regulations.
(8) Any other duty assigned by Senate, Syndicate or Vice Chancellor.
Prof. Dr. Mohammad Iqbal
Controller of Examinations, Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University
Professor Dr. Mohammad Iqbal a medical graduate from King Edward Medical College in 1963, holds fellowships in surgery from the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Due to his extra ordinary dedication and length of services to the profession, he was awarded with the title of Prof Emeritus by the Government of Pakistan. He is a very senior academician and has worked at various academic and administrative positions such as Principal and Chief Medical Superintendent of Rawalpindi Medical College and Allied hospitals respectively. He has held multiple offices at different times to steer the medical profession towards continuous betterment in Pakistan, such as President Society of Surgeons Pakistan, President Pakistan Medical Association, Chairman PMA House and President Society of Surgeons Pakistan. He was also the Project Director of Rawalpindi Medical Complex Project.
He is currently serving the Shifa International Hospital and Consultant Surgeon and Chairman of Morbidity and Mortality Committee and exercising powers as Controller of Examinations at Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University for quality and transparency of evaluation and regulations of examination.