GRADUATE STUDIES & RESEARCH MANAGEMENT COUNCIL
(1) Prepare regulations for Graduate Programs and get these approved by the Academic Council.
(2) Review proposals of Graduate Programs and recommend these to the Academic Council for approval.
(3) Evaluate existing Graduate Programs to ensure their standard and give suggestions for improvement.
(4) Ensure the quality of Graduate Students, particularly those entering M. Phil and Ph.D. programs.
(5) Ensure continuous progress on Graduate thesis and help remove bottle-necks.
(6) Give final approval to Ph.D. theses, and recommend the award of degrees.
(7) Recommend research measures deemed necessary for creating research environment, research facilities and generate motivation for research.
(8) Form rules to govern, regulate and facilitate research activities and recommend these to Academic Council for approval.
(9) Consider research proposals to be submitted to university or external agencies for funding.
(10) All other matters related to Graduate Studies and research activities of the university.
|Clause||Provision in para-12 of the University Statutes||Name||Designation|
|(a)||the Vice Chancellor who shall be its Chairperson||Prof. Dr. Mohammad Iqbal Khan||Vice-Chancellor|
|(b)||the Deans of the Faculties||Prof. Dr. Mohammad Amir||Dean Faculty of Health Sciences|
|Prof. Dr. Raisa Gul||Dean Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery|
|Prof. Dr. Tausif A. Rajput||Dean Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|(c)||the Registrar||Prof. Dr. Ahsan Hameed||Registrar, STMU|
|(d)||the Controller of Examinations||Prof. Dr. Muhammad Iqbal||Controller of Examinations, STMU|
|(e)||the Principals of the colleges and such heads of departments as may be prescribed||Prof. Dr. Tausif A. Rajput||Chairperson, Shifa College of Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|(f)||One university teacher other than professors from each department offering research program(s) to be nominated by the Academic Council||Dr. Abdus Salam Khan||Department of ER, Shifa International Hospital|
|Prof. Dr. Sagheer Ahmed||Academic Adviser, Shifa College of Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|Mr. Wasim Ahmed||Acting HOD Management Sciences|
|Mrs. Nafisa Iqbal||Vice Principal Shifa College of Nursing|
|(g)||Three members from the Research Organizations and Government Departments to be nominated by the Syndicate||Dr. Shagufta Khalique||Department of Human Genetics, University Health Sciences, Khayaban-e-Jamia Punjab, Lahore-54600
94-B/1, PGEH Society, Lahore
|Dr. Qasim Ayub||Staff Scientist & Molecular Biology, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB 10 1SA, U.K|
|Dr. Aisha Khurshid||International & Comparative Education, Department of Education Leadership & Policy Studies, Florida State University, USA|
|(h)||Three senior professors to be nominated by the Vice Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Muhammad Zameer||Professor of Anesthesiology, Shifa International Hospital|
|Prof. Dr. Ayesha Mohyuddin||Professor of Biochemistry, Shifa College of Medicine|
|Dr. Ejaz A. Khan||Consultant Pediatrician, Shifa International Hospital|