Deans of Faculty
(1) Deans are appointed for every faculty of the University who are eminent, senior academic, researcher and scholar having an earned PhD. or equivalent degree in one of the leading disciplines which comprise the faculty. He/She should have at least 15 years of teaching and research experience at graduate/post-graduate level, and should have achieved the professorial title in a reputed Pakistani or overseas University. A previous experience in University administration at positions such as Dean or Principal is preferred. The position of a Dean should be either an additional responsibility, which a senior professor or a senior principal officer of the University may hold along with his/her major duties, or it may be a full time job. In the former case, an honorarium may be paid as per rules approved by the Senate. In the later case, the appointment is made on such terms and conditions as may be approved by the Senate.
(2) The Dean of the faculty shall be responsible for the academic and research activities of his/her faculty, provide guidance to, generate initiative in faculty member and students. He/she will be responsible for the evolution of healthy academic and research culture and high standard of teaching and research in the faculty, and for the academic discipline as well as smooth execution of the academic programs in all the departments of the faculty.
(3) The Dean of Faculty shall be member of statutory bodies and committees as prescribed in the statutes.
(4) The Dean shall monitor and streamline Masters and Ph.D programmes and shall advise the management on quality assurance measures of these programmes.
(5) The Dean shall also endeavour to promote industrial/institutional linkage of University with local and foreign Universities.
(6) The Dean shall perform such other duties as assigned by Senate, Syndicate or Vice Chancellor.
Prof. Dr. Mohammad Amir
Dr. Mohammad Amir graduated with an MBBS degree from the prestigious King Edward Medical University, Lahore in 1986.After undergoing a rigorous practical training in General Surgery under his well-experienced mentors, he was awarded the much sought-after Fellowship by the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan in 1991.He continued to excel in his field and was later inducted in the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh as a fellow in 1998. He passed the Equivalence exam. of Arab Board of Surgery in 1999.
Dr. Amir started his job in surgery at various institutions of Pakistan including Mayo Hospital, Lahore, DHQ Hosp. Faisalabad, Rawalpindi General Hospital and later at King Naval Base Hospital, Jubail, Saudi Arabia for 5 years (1995-2000). He started his academic career as an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Islamic International Hospital in 2000. He joined Shifa College of Medicine in the same capacity in 2002. Since then he marched on to become Associate Professor in 2007 and Professor of |Surgery in 2010. He had additional appointment as Assistant Dean Clinical Administration (2007-2011) and the Chairman Clinical Health Sciences (2012-2017).
Dr. Amir continues to hone his clinical expertise and skills and has been simultaneously working at the Shifa International Hospital as a Consultant Surgeon (since 2003) and Chairman PGME committee of the hospital. He has been the Section Head and Program Director of Surgery since 2012. He has been instrumental in getting accreditation for residency training programs of the hospital. Additionally he has assumed the charge of Principal, Shifa College of Medicine and Dean Faculty of Health Sciences since April 2017.
He is responsible for development, review and monitoring of Curriculum of all programs of faculty of health sciences especially MBBS. He has been involved in the creation, development, continuous review and implementation of integrated modular curriculum of the College since its inception. Additionally he is responsible for looking after administrative as well as academic affairs of the College.
As a clinical specialist, he is responsible for taking care of general surgical patients as well as for performing hepato-biliary, colorectal, anal and perianal surgery. He is highly skilled in performing laparoscopic procedures such as cholecystectomy, appendectomy, adhesiolysis and ovarian cystectomies. He has pioneered VAAFT and EPSiT, new minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of complex perianal fistulae and pilonidal sinus disease respectively in Pakistan.
He has a number of research articles published in leading national and international journals such as the New England Journal of Medicine, British Medical Journal, JPMA, JACS and the Journal of CPSP to his credit. His research areas have been role of genes in the pathogenesis of breast cancer, aspirin and clonidine use in patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery, primary aspergillosis, mini-cholecystectomy and neonatal circumcision among many others. He has presented numerous papers at national and international conferences and seminars in the fields of surgery and medical education.
He is an authorized examiner for undergraduate as well as postgraduate clinical examinations conducted by the CPSP. He is a certified ATLS instructor. Additionally, he regularly participates in ongoing workshops and seminars conducted nationally as well as abroad.
Prof. Dr. Raisa Gul
Dr. Raisa Gul is a Professor and Dean, faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, Shifa Tameer-e- Millat University. She is also a visiting Professor at Aga Khan University. Previous to her current position, she has been working as a Professor and Director of the MScN program at Aga Khan University School of Nursing and Midwifery.
Professor Raisa Gul completed her basic nursing and midwifery education in 1980 from Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar, followed by a post-RN BScN degree from McMaster University, Canada and a Master’s degree in Health Administration from University of New South Wales, Australia. She obtained her doctoral degree from the University of Alberta, Canada, and also completed her post-doctoral fellowship at the same university. Professor Gul has developed and taught several courses at the undergraduate and graduate level within the Research and Education tracks. Her research interests include faculty development and effect of patient education on self-care and QoL among people with chronic conditions. She has supervised 40 plus students for their theses at graduate level. She has widely disseminated her research work at various forums as well as national and international Journals. She also serves as reviewer for national and international Journals. She has been awarded several awards in recognition of her scholarship, such as dissertation fellowship from University Alberta, outstanding faculty award from Aga Khan University, and a gold medal from the KPK nurses association.
Prof. Dr. Tausif A. Rajput
Dean, Faculty of Pharmaceutical & Allied Health Sciences
Director Campus (Annex Bldg.)
Prof. Tausif A. Rajput is a pharmacist by profession with a passion to reshape academia around practical and professional skill sets beneficial for both the learners/students and humanity. In addition to the academic Professorial honors/responsibilities; he is professionally experienced in establishing and upscaling of Pharmaceutical manufacturing units, managing academic sector, research and publishing at growing and leading organizations in various capacities i.e., Dean of Faculty, Chairperson of Department, Managing Editor and Member Editorial Board of peer reviewed medical Journals. Supervised and co-supervised numerous research projects and PG-trainees in Basic Medical Sciences, and headed one of the most technologically advanced labs at National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST). He has many research publications in national & international reputed and HEC recognized Indexed and IF Journals to his credit. His main research area of interest is Drug Design investigations utilizing Biochemical, Molecular, Genetic, and Bioinformatic tools.