Department of ENT
Department of ENT is one of the teaching units of Shifa College of Medicine (SCM) which is affiliated with the prestigious university of Shifa Tameer-e-Millat. It is at Shifa Foundation Community health Centre at SIH. Since its establishment in 1998, more than 1000 students have graduated who have been serving at home and abroad. The department is recognized by PMDC and under process for recognition from CPSP. Currently, the department has a professor, 2 assistant professors and 2 registrars. The department is providing services to the community free of cost both indoors and as outpatient department. A large number of articles have been published by the department. Around 7 researches are in progress.
OBJECTIVES & GOALS:
- Teaching of undergraduate students of MBBS.
- Research in the subject of ENT.
- OPD & IPD services to the community. On an average 600 patients are seen monthly in OPD.
- Fully equipped operating rooms with modern surgical tools. In the OPD, rigid nasoendoscopes and fiberoptic endoscopes are available along with LCDs to facilitate the students in learning.
- Audiometry and Tympanomertyr services.
- Services of speech therapy and Vertigo clinic (SIH).
RESEARCH PROJECTS (ON GOING):
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: Is histopathological examination of the specimen needed in all cases?
- Results of endoscopic endonasal dacryocystorhinostomy
- CT scan findings of patients undergoing endoscopic sinus surgery
- Audiometric findings in patient with age related hearing loss
- The effect of pre-medication with oral steroids on intra-operative bleeding in patients with chronic rhinosinsuitis undergoing Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Screening of children with upper respiratory tract infection for otitis media with effusion
- Causes of hearing loss in patients (age: 4-60 years) presenting at Shifa Foundation Community Health Centre, Islamabad.
- Recognition for post graduate training from CPSP
- National & International publications
Dr. Muhammad Zafar Rabbani
MBBS, MCPS, FCPS
PMDC Reg # 23301-P
Faculty Reg # 16811/23301-P/M
Dr. Shayan Shahid Ansari
PMDC # 42233-P
Dr. Ayesha Jawad
PMDC Reg # 44003-P
Faculty Reg # 9029/44003-P/M
Dr. Saira Iftikhar
MBBS, DLO, FCPS
PMDC Reg # 47241-S
FAculty Reg # 16864/47241-S/M
Dr. Ambreen Riaz
PMDC Reg # 27877-P
Faculty Reg # 30012/2787-P/M
Dr. Maryam Rafiq Chaudhry
PMDC Reg # 71640-P
| - |