Frequently Asked Questions
- Is any financial assistance available?
Answer: STMU offers need-cum-merit based financial assistance to deserving students. Financial assistance program includes; fee discounts, fee installments, and external source funding. For more information follow the link given below: https://stmu.edu.pk/admissions/financial-assistance/
STMU provides special fee discounts to the employees of Shifa Family & their dependents.
- How and when do I apply for financial assistance?
Answer: Student must apply for financial assistance before the start of the academic session. The request must be made through the Student Affairs Office to the respective Deans of the Faculty.
- What is the eligibility criteria for financial assistance?
Answer: Detailed Information is available at the following link: https://stmu.edu.pk/admissions/financial-assistance/
- Can a student apply for financial assistance during the semester/ year?
Answer: Application for fee discounts and external source funding can only be made before the start of the academic year. Student can only apply for fee installment in the first week of session during the academic year.
- Where can I get an application form for financial assistance?
Answer: Communication to the Student Affairs Office is the mandatory initial step for applying to financial assistance.
- How much is the application fee?
Answer: The application fee for the programs offered at FPAHS STMU for the academic year 2020-21is Rs.3500. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- How should I pay the application fee?
Answer: Payment is made at the time of application submission. The inclusion of bank deposit slip number is mandatory for the completion of the application. Applications will not be processed unless the application fee is received.
- I changed my mind and do not want to go to graduate school anymore; can I get a refund of the application fee?
Answer: There is no refund, waiver, or deferral of the application fee.
- I would like to apply to a graduate school at the STMU. Where should I get the application form?
Answer: To apply to a graduate program, you must complete the online admissions application form available from the program’s admission requirements page. Please carefully read the instructions, requirements, and deadlines provided by the program’s website as the application fee is non-refundable.
- I don’t have access to the Internet; can I get a paper application form? / Can I apply using the paper application?
Answer: If you do not have access to the Internet, please contact the Student Affairs Office for an alternative method of applying.
- How do I create an account on Admission Portal?
Answer: For creating an account, follow the steps: 1) Sign Up with your email, 2) Confirm the Log-In, Password and Sign-In credentials, 3) Fill the application form; Step 1: (Personal Information), Step 2: (Education Details with Documents Attachment), Step 3: Test Information (Skip If not Applicable), Step 4: Fee Voucher (Print Fee Voucher and submit in HBL Bank), 4) Review the Application and Press Final submit button. Fee Status will be updated/confirmed after 24 hours.
- How can I submit the test fee (if applicable)?
Answer: Test fee is included in the admission processing fee. STMU does not charge any extra fee for the conduction of the test.
- Do I have to list all the schools and institutions I have attended?
Answer: Yes. It is required that you list all post-matriculation/secondary institutions that you have attended.
- I uploaded my transcripts to my application; do I still need to mail copies to the STMU Admissions Office?
Answer: No, there is no such requirement of submission/mailing of the documents to the STMU Admission Office. However, if you are successful in getting the admission, you would have to present your original documents, along with attested copies, for verification purpose.
- I want to apply to more than one program; do I have to submit more than one application?
Answer: If you plan to apply to more than one program, you can add a new application from the online application.
- What are the admission requirements for the Masters programs?
Answer: Detailed information about the Graduate/Master programs is available on the following link: https://stmu.edu.pk/admissions/eligibility-criteria/
- Is it possible to make changes to the online application after submitting it? What do I do if I have made wrong entry in the application form?
Answer: Once the application is submitted, it cannot be edited. In such a case, contact the respective Admissions Incharge at the Student Affairs Office.
- Do you require any test for admission for your academic programs?
Answer: Yes, we conduct our own admission test. Moreover, we consider NAT, HAT, and UHS as well for admission to undergraduate programs. For postgraduate programs, it is mandatory that you appear in the STMU admission test.
- Are there any specific quotas in admission?
Answer: Yes, SCPS offers quotas for foreign students and nominees of the pharmaceutical industry for Pharm. D. program. The detailed assistance for the application procedures related to these reserved seats would be offered by the Admissions Incharge at the respective Student Affairs Office.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about the application process?
Answer: Contact the Admissions Incharge at the respective Student Affairs Office for your queries related to the admissions and the application process.