Any one of the following qualifications is necessary for an application to be eligible for consideration. All foreign qualifications must be supported by an Equivalence Certificate issued by the IBCC.
- 60 percent overall score in pre-medical group of Intermediate Certification in Pakistan. However, much higher scores prove competitive.
- British Advanced Level Certification with Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics. The achievements should be over 60% (pre-medical) in IBCC Equivalence Certificate.
- US Grade-12 Diploma (minimum GPA 3.0) accompanied by an Equivalence Certificate from the IBCC of at least 60 % F.Sc pre-medical qualification (that will require inclusion of Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics and English in the final 3 years).
- Higher Secondary School Certificate from other countries with Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics accompanied by an Equivalence Certificate from IBCC* of at least 60% F.SC Pre-medical qualification.
* The Equivalence Certificate will be obtained from a government office of the Ministry of Education called The Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC). This office attempts to translate foreign qualifications into Pakistani equivalents. It has its own requirements to be met and it can take time. The Shifa College of Medicine has no connections with that office and is, therefore, unable to provide any information or assistance in that connection. It is the applicants’ responsibility to obtain the Equivalence Certificate before an offer of admission could be formalized.
International applicants are advised to visit the website of IBCC at www.ibcc.edu.pk and establish contact with it on the following address to seek information and guidance:
Inter Board Committee of Chairmen,
G-10, Gali # 36, Islamabad.