Quality education coupled with professional training through eminent consultants and teaching faculty is neither an easy task nor cheap to deliver. It always comes at a cost and this is where our University’s objective of being a “Not for Profit” organization and extensive “Financial Aid Programs” plays its part of serving not only humanity, but also the society as a continuous commitment to Build the Nation: meaning to the name we carry (Tameer-e-Millat).
We are committed to making our education and professional training(s) affordable. Many of our students look at their degree as an investment in their future and finance their graduate education through a combination of institutional funding(s), government aid(s), scholarships, and other sources. In this connection, the Registrar’s office devises policies and regulations in collaboration with the Treasurer’s office to value and inculcate transparency, which means being open about the policies, guidelines and regulations that govern these financial aids. Providing such aids to students for completion of their studies is exercised through the following regulations;
In pursuant to Section 5(3) and Section 26(1)(g) of the Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University Act, following shall be the Financial Assistance Program of the University:
- A committee constituted by the Syndicate for the purpose of Financial Assistance shall select students for the scholarships and other funds on the basis of his/her application on the prescribed form.
- For the purpose of fund collection, a form will be circulated to all the members of STMU/Shifa Family and collected before the 30th September each year (contribution to be added to separate endowment fund).
- A student would be eligible for only one financial award, in one category, at any time (the prize award is not included in this category).
- 20% discount will be granted in the tuition fee for the second and onward siblings.
- 20% discount will be granted in the tuition fee for the children of the current full-time employees of the University and its teaching hospital (Shifa International Hospitals Ltd.).
- 25% discount will be granted to a student who faces an extreme hardship in the form of death of his/her father or legal guardian during the course of his/her studies.
- In some special cases committee will be authorized to decide and grant the financial aid.
- The prize money will be a separate category—i.e., it shall be evaluated on the basis of academic achievements and shall not be mixed with the other financial assistance and/or benefits.
- All the cases related to award of the prize money shall be dealt by a standing committee whose decision shall be considered final.
- The Prize Money shall be disbursed among the first 3 position as follows:
- First Position = 15% in tuition fee for a semester / year
- Second Position = 10% in tuition fee for a semester / year
- Third Position = 5% in tuition fee for a semester / year
- The evaluation criteria shall be as follows:
- Semester System: On securing the SGPA of 3.00 or above on the 4.00 scale. However, in case there are more than one holders of a particular position, CGPA up to three decimal points will be given preference. Further, in case there are more than one students of first semester securing a single position no such student shall be awarded the prize money and certificate of the position.
- Annual System: On securing at least 80% aggregate in the annual professional examinations in any year.
- There shall be only three prizes in the category of Prize Money. However, if there are two students who secure first position then both the students shall be awarded the prize money of the first position and the remaining one prize shall be awarded to the second position holder(s) with the prize money of the second position and no prize shall be awarded to the third position holder(s). Provided further that if there are three or more students on the first position then all the students shall be awarded the prize money of the first position and no prizes shall be awarded to the second and third positions holders. The same criterion shall be applied on the second and third positions if more than one students are securing such position(s).
- The prize winners shall be awarded the money in the form of scholarship on account of their tuition fee of the next semester/year. Position holders of the last semester/year shall be awarded the prizes in the form of cheque.
- In case of any disciplinary issue against the prize/scholarship holder during the semester/year, he/she shall not be awarded any prize or scholarship.
- The prize money certificates shall be distributed to the position holders in the convocation.
The Treasurer’s office tabs both individual sponsors and Trust organizations for memorandum to financially accommodate and facilitate needy students. The same is pursued through eligibility for various government financing schemes such as “Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF)” and MOU with the KPK provinsional government etc.
Paid internships are also being offered in collaboration with our sponsoring agencies such as Shifa International Hospitals Ltd. An evaluation based system asses and offers job(s) to the same for supporting back their families.