Objectives & Goals
The overall objective of the Physical Therapy Program is to prepare students to practice state of the art physical therapy. The educational goals of the curriculum reflect the knowledge, skills and behaviors expected of program graduates. The graduates of the DPT program will be expected to:
- Integrate knowledge of basic sciences and physical therapy in order to modify treatment approaches that reflect the scope of physical therapy practice.
- Demonstrate clinical competency in assessment, diagnosis, designing and implementing plan of care
Integrate the use of basic principles of research & critical analysis to physical therapy practice.
- Actively recognizing rights and dignity of individuals in planning and administering treatment protocols.
- Function as competent physical therapists in any health care setting ensuring ethical clinical practice in the field of physical therapy.
- Assuming leadership qualities with acceptance of advancement and changes in the profession and the community healthcare delivery system.