The Vice Chancellor is the chief executive officer of the University and is responsible for, and assists the Chancellor in all administrative and academic functions of the University for ensuring that the provision of Act, statutes, regulations and rules are faithfully observed in order to promote the general efficiency and good order of the University. The appointment of the Vice-Chancellor, his/her powers, duties, extension and removal are subject to the conditions and procedures as given in Sections 10 and 11 of the University Act. The Vice Chancellor also has the following powers:
(1) To direct teachers, officers and other employees of the University to take up such assignments in connection with examination, administration and such other activities in the University as he may consider necessary for the purpose of the University.
(2) To sanction by re-appropriation an amount not exceeding an amount prescribed by the Senate for an unforeseen item not provided for in the budget and report it to the Senate at the next meeting.
(3) To make appointments of such categories of employees of the University and in such manner as may be prescribed by the statutes.
(4) To suspend, punish and remove, in accordance with prescribed procedure, from service officers, teachers and other employees of the University except those appointed by or with the approval of the Senate.
(5) To delegate, subject to such conditions as may be prescribed, any of his powers under University Act to an officer or officers of the University.
(6) To present an annual report before the Senate as prescribed in Section 10 (6) of the Act.
(7) To promote linkages and collaboration for research with other universities/organizations/industries within country and abroad.
(8) To exercise and perform such other powers and functions as may be prescribed.
Prof. Dr. Mohammad Iqbal Khan
Vice Chancellor, Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University
Professor Dr. Mohammad Iqbal Khan a medical graduate of 1985 holds fellowships in surgery from the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of England and Glasgow, Diploma in Vascular Surgery from UK and Masters in Health Professional Education from Netherlands. He has held numerous Academic Clinical leadership positions both nationally and internationally. He is former Dean of Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences the University of AJ&K and founder Principal of AJ&K Medical College Muzaffarabad and earlier served at Riphah International University as Head of Surgery and Head of Clinical Sciences besides serving at various positions in National Health Services, UK. He remained Chairman of the Consortium of Islamic Medical Colleges for eight years and still serves the organization as Executive member. He has vast teaching experience at under and postgraduate level and a surgeon of premier repute. Dr. Mohammad Iqbal Khan has presented over 230 papers in national and international conferences. He has 58 research publications to his credit and has authored four books.