Deans of Faculty
(1) Deans are appointed for every faculty of the University who are eminent, senior academic, researcher and scholar having an earned PhD. or equivalent degree in one of the leading disciplines which comprise the faculty. He/She should have at least 15 years of teaching and research experience at graduate/post-graduate level, and should have achieved the professorial title in a reputed Pakistani or overseas University. A previous experience in University administration at positions such as Dean or Principal is preferred. The position of a Dean should be either an additional responsibility, which a senior professor or a senior principal officer of the University may hold along with his/her major duties, or it may be a full time job. In the former case, an honorarium may be paid as per rules approved by the Senate. In the later case, the appointment is made on such terms and conditions as may be approved by the Senate.
(2) The Dean of the faculty shall be responsible for the academic and research activities of his/her faculty, provide guidance to, generate initiative in faculty member and students. He/she will be responsible for the evolution of healthy academic and research culture and high standard of teaching and research in the faculty, and for the academic discipline as well as smooth execution of the academic programs in all the departments of the faculty.
(3) The Dean of Faculty shall be member of statutory bodies and committees as prescribed in the statutes.
(4) The Dean shall monitor and streamline Masters and Ph.D programmes and shall advise the management on quality assurance measures of these programmes.
(5) The Dean shall also endeavour to promote industrial/institutional linkage of University with local and foreign Universities.
(6) The Dean shall perform such other duties as assigned by Senate, Syndicate or Vice Chancellor.
Prof. Dr. Raisa Gul
Dr. Raisa Gul is a Professor and Dean, faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, Shifa Tameer-e- Millat University. She is also a visiting Professor at Aga Khan University. Previous to her current position, she has been working as a Professor and Director of the MScN program at Aga Khan University School of Nursing and Midwifery.
Professor Raisa Gul completed her basic nursing and midwifery education in 1980 from Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar, followed by a post-RN BScN degree from McMaster University, Canada and a Master’s degree in Health Administration from University of New South Wales, Australia. She obtained her doctoral degree from the University of Alberta, Canada, and also completed her post-doctoral fellowship at the same university. Professor Gul has developed and taught several courses at the undergraduate and graduate level within the Research and Education tracks. Her research interests include faculty development and effect of patient education on self-care and QoL among people with chronic conditions. She has supervised 40 plus students for their theses at graduate level. She has widely disseminated her research work at various forums as well as national and international Journals. She also serves as reviewer for national and international Journals. She has been awarded several awards in recognition of her scholarship, such as dissertation fellowship from University Alberta, outstanding faculty award from Aga Khan University, and a gold medal from the KPK nurses association.
Prof. Dr. Tausif A. Rajput
Dean, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Director Campus (Annex Bldg.)
Dr. Tausif A. Rajput graduated with a Bachelors in Pharmacy from Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan. After acquiring rich practical experience in one of the only Pharmaceutical Vaccines manufacturing unit in Pakistan, he joined back his parent University for pursuance of Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. He is experienced in establishment of full scale Pharmaceutical Production Unit and successfully acquiring its license from MoH, Pakistan for manufacturing by way of formulation of tablets, capsules, syrups, dry suspensions and injectables.
He has also worked as an In-charge of state of the art, Hi-Tech Research Lab (Center for Research in Experimental and Applied Medicine - CREAM) at National University of Sciences & Technology - NUST, Islamabad, where he supervised Lab/Research work of more than 42 M.Phil, FCPS and PhD trainees in various basic medical specialties. He has a length of rich medical/genetics research, academics and administrative experience in one of the most highly equipped laboratories at NUST. His area of doctoral research is Drug Design investigation through Biochemistry and Molecular Biology by way of in-silico Bioinformatic tools. He has previously served as Dean Faculty of Pharmacy, Margalla College of Pharmacy, a constituent college of Margalla Institute of Health Sciences,
He is currently exercising powers as Dean Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Principal Shifa College of Pharmaceutical Sciences; a constituent college of Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University, Islamabad, and Director Campus (Annex Bldg.) for other programs of the University as well. His dedication towards the progression of Pharmacy profession has lead him to approval of unique and pioneer program of M.Phil in Clinical Pharmacy Practice at one the premier and state of the art hospitals of Pakistan (Shifa International Hospitals, Islamabad). He has more than 40 research publications in national & international reputed and HEC recognized Indexed and IF Journals. He is a PhD thesis evaluator and examiner, HEC NRPU evaluator and editor/referee for various international reputed indexed journals. He is also HEC approved PhD supervisor and is currently supervising 2 PhD students. He is committed for the betterment & progression of higher education in Pakistan through quality delivery and evaluation as per international guidelines.